Create users fast by using templates for each type of user. You only have to enter their name and hit go! No need for adding groups or specifying properties, and potentially making errors.
When using templates to create new users they are all created using the same template so drastically reduces the possibility of human error. You only have to enter their name and hit go!
Manage multiple servers/networks/domains/sites.
Udate multiple accounts in one go. Specify what attribute you would like to change and hit go! All the selected accounts are updated instantly. No need to manually go through each account specifying the same settings.
Create a template for each type of user, i.e. receptionist. Specify all atributes for this user type, i.e. username format, home directory location, member groups, etc. Whenever a new receptionist starts (in this case) simply select 'New User From Template', select Receptionist template, enter their name, and hit go! Their account will created using the settings specified in the template.
Import users from either CSV or an ActivMan client. CSV importing is now fully customisable. Use ActivMan client/server for remote networks to synchronise your Active Directory to their MIS.
Never worry about new users coming and old users leaving. AutoImport will automatically create any new users and disable/delete/move any old users.
Extract students and staff DIRECTLY from your MIS. No need for 3rd party utilities or complicated batch files or exporting users to CSV. Extract them directly from your MIS into your Active Directory.
With this feature you can create a template for each type of user you have on your network, i.e. receptionist, office clerk, teacher, Year 9 student, head of department, etc. Thereby, reducing the amount of time spent creating and testing new accounts. A template consists of the standard user properties, as well as password settings/generation, home directory location and permissions, home directory network share and permissions, etc. When creating users using a template and the home directory and share options are selected, the program will create the home directory, set the permissions on it, and then create a share with the specified permissions, and link this to the user (optional). Thereby, drastically reducing the amount of time it takes to create a user, and also reducing the potential errors incurred due to the amount of steps involved with creating the user and associated services manually. This feature can be used with either manually creating users or importing users (either file import or MIS).
This very useful feature has been designed specifically for education establishments, where you can import users directly from your MIS. No additional application is required. No exporting users from your MIS manually. No batch files. No worries. No mess. An extremely efficient and reliable feature to create users on your network by directly accessing your MIS. No need to worry how to spell a user's name or if you have missed anyone out. Simply inform the software where your MIS server is (and login details), select who to import, select a template, and go! It is as simple as that! Potentially hours worth of work done in a few moments. All new users created, as well as their home directories and network shares created. Along with folder and share permissions set and any desired user account settings you wish. As well as the generation and maintenance of various distribution groups. All done in a few moments!
With this feature you can create an unlimited number of "actions". An action can be anything that can be executed, e.g. an exe, batch file, script, etc. These actions can then be linked to events which occur during importation, e.g. creating a new account. When the event occurs the specified action will be executed. This allows you to perform literally any action, e.g. create a mailbox in Exchange.
Detailed Features List
- Auto import accounts from MIS systems
- Synchronise Active Directory system to MIS
- Perform test imports to see what will be modified or created
- Customise generated usernames to meet your specific format/requirement
- Manage multiple servers/networks/domains/sites
- Create unlimited (multiple) user account templates
- Create user accounts from templates (reduces errors and data entry)
- Create users' home directory and network share automatically (using templates)
- Set permissions on users' home directory and network share automatically (using templates)
- Set/generate users' password automatically (using templates)
- Use a predefined list of words to use as passwords, randomly selected
- Copy user accounts
- Import users from CSV file (using templates)
- Extract users (students and staff) directly from your MIS
- Extract/import teaching groups as AD groups
- Extract/import registration groups as AD groups
- Automatically create and maintain year groups
- Automatically create and maintain "teachers of student" groups, i.e. each student has a corresponding group which contains all the staff who teach that student
- Automatically create and maintain "room staff" groups, i.e. each room has a group which contain all the staff who teach in that room
- Apply templates to existing users
- Mass manipulation. Modify multiple accounts quickly and easily:
- Modify username
- Reset users' password
- Modify users' description
- Modify users' profile path
- Modify users' logon script
- Execute actions/scripts when certain events occur
- Support a single domain across multiple sites moving user accounts and their data
- Specify certain characters to be replaced in any name fields during import
- Specify MIS people to ignore during import
- Create/edit/delete user accounts manually
- Create/edit/delete groups manually
- Add/remove users from groups
- Move users
- Reset passwords
- Enable/disable accounts